CORINTH - Colour Me Surprised

I am not usually one to get hyped about upcoming games. I like for the game to be released and then to read some reviews and see some playthroughs before I make up my mind. I've been in the hobby for far too long to get overly excited for something that I'm not playing. You can call me jaded - I'm going to go with "old and wise". At the same time I am on my quest for the old classics.

Of course Days of Wonder has to go and announce a new game that pulls on every heartstring! I am talking about the newly announced Corinth that is to be released in March.

Let's break it down;
▶️ It's Days of Wonder which means stellar components and artwork.
▶️ It's a roll-and-write which is something we both really enjoy.
▶️ It's by Sébastien Pauchon (Yspahan, Metropolys, Jaipur) who's games we really like.
▶️ It looks like it uses a dice mechanisms similar to that of Yspahan - which is awesome.
▶️ It's playable for two and takes 20:ish minutes to play.

I can't wait to get my hands on Corinth!

Update: Yes, it seems like this is a reprint-sort-of-thing for Yspahan, even bearing the working title "Yspahan: The Dice Game". So now my hype died and I'm struggling to decide what to do.

Comments

  1. perhaps read through the rulebook on Days of Wonder site for this game :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will need to do that. At the same time it seems so identical to Yspahan that I kinda lost all interest.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Quest for Classics

Introducing Mrs. Meeple